Are you a fan of Japanese Kaiju-style monsters? Boy, are you in luck! Super7 will be offering an amazing array of kaiju-inspired comic-con exclusives at their booth (#4629). Here’s the low-down (based on the Super7 press release).
- First up is the debut of a set of nine 11×14 Neo Kaiju gicleé prints featuring brand new hand-signed art from Gary Baseman, Tim Biskup, Seonna Hong, Kathy Staico-Schorr and Todd Schorr. The set is based on the characters from the Neo Kaiju toy line and will come in a custom-designed cloth box. The print sets will be limited to 300 sets with only 50 sets released each day of the ‘con. Also, there will be a special group signing of the print sets! It’s nice to see companies allocating availability of exclusives across the four days to allow equal opportunity for people who can only attend on certain days.
- On to the toys! The Super7 Ghostfigher is a custom collaboration with the masters of the undead, Secret Base of Japan. This toy is made of transparent clear vinyl with silver
and black paint and skeleton hands. It is limited to 150 pieces and is an SDCC exclusive. I really love the translucent look on this piece.
- The Kittyfire, based on a cult-classic monster from an old-school Japanese super-hero show, is a collaboration between Super7 and Tsuburaya. This beast stands an impressive 15-inches tall! This is another SDCC exclusive and is limited to 100 pieces. As you can tell by the teaser image, the paint job is still under wraps!
- Steven the Bat is a new vinyl toy from art madman and Super7 columnist Bwana Spoons.
Steven is just one creature from Bwana’s burgeoning universe of characters called My Peeples. The glow-in-the-dark pre-release version stands 5-inches tall and is a comic-con exclusive limited to just 100 pieces. Get him before he’s gone for ever! Definitely a must-have for GID Kaiju fans!
- The Super7 exclusive giant-size CCP Hedorah is made of transparent
green vinyl with a crazy combination of red, black and silver spray. This exclusive version of the smog monster with light-up eyes stands 15-inches tall and is limited to 100 pieces. So if you want, get to Super7’s booth early!
- The Marusan giant-size Godzilla figure towers over the original 9-inch figure at a whopping 15-inches tall. This Super7 Issue 9 exclusive version is made of glow-in-the-dark vinyl and painted to resemble the rare Hawaii Godzilla paint variant. This figure is limited to an amazingly small edition of just 50 pieces!