Sep 10, 2012
Kidrobot X – 10th Year Anniversary
How time flies. Kidrobot began its wild ride way back in 2002 which means the ‘Bot will celebrate it’s milestone 10th Anniversary this year – in grand fashion. ‘Kidrobot X’ will feature ten releases (5 toys + 5 tees) and a special retrospective exhibition at KRNY which will kick-off with an invite-only reception on 10.12 (coinciding with NYCC) and run through 10.22. Over the last decade, KR has introduced the crazy world of vinyl toys to America, created some of the most in-demand releases, and been a major force in promoting the joy of art toys –- props to Paul, Tristan, Nichole, Chad, and everyone else at the ‘Bot who made it happen.
Here’s the break-down on the releases:
- 8-inch Gold King Dunny (9.20). First out of the chute is the Gold King Dunny designed by Dunny creator Tristan Eaton complete with jeweled scepter and crown. Based on the series 1 design, this one will be available at all KR stores and select retailers for $50. No word on edition-size at the moment.
- 8-inch Silver King Dunny (10.12). Limited to 300 pieces, the Silver King Dunny ($50) appears to be the more limited of the two King Dunnys and will be released in limited quantities exclusively at KRNY during the Kidrobot X exhibition (10.12 – 10.22).
- ‘Bots Mini Anniversary X Edition (10.12). This ‘lil guy is dressed up for the occasion with a flashy ‘Mister Universe’ sash, a front-facing tuxedo design, with a rear ‘Kidrobot X’ logo. It will be available for $14.95 @ KR stores and select retailers.
- ‘Bots Mini 10th Anniversary Edition (10.12). First released at STGCC, this one features a black design with gold accents including the stylized circular ‘10’ logo. It will be available for $14.95 exclusively at KR locations.
- Kidrobot X Tees (10.12). Designs by Tristan Eaton (3x), Frank Kozik and KR Founder Paul Budnitz. Available at Kidrobot locations, select retailers and NYCC (10.11).
- 20-inch Gold King Dunny (10.25). Nearly identical to the 8” version (minus the scepter apparently), the 20” grand monarch will be limited to 300 pieces at $400 each and will be available at all KR locations and select retailers.
Hit the jump for a look at all the Kidrobot X releases.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Kidrobot X – 10th Year Anniversary:
The 8" Gold goes on sale 9.20